Hello LCNV Students,
We’re sure many of you have been following the news about the coronavirus and have been thinking about how it might affect class. Right now, our class is continuing to meet each week.
We recognize that some people are very nervous about the coronavirus. Anyone can get the coronavirus -any race, nationality, or ethnicity. If you are Asian, American, Middle Eastern, European, African—it doesn’t matter. This is a time for everyone to support each other and be kind.
Here are some things we need to do to make sure that our classes are safe for everyone:
If you are feeling sick or are having symptoms such as fever, coughing, sore throat, runny nose or upset stomach, please do not come to class for 2 weeks (14 days). While we all often try to be active through illnesses, it’s important that you stay home and take care of yourself. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html)
If you have traveled outside of the United States, please do not come to class for 2 weeks(14 days) after your date of return.
Remember, the following every day actions can help keep you healthy:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you aresick (except for going to the doctor).
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Each week we will go over this information with you because things might change. We know that not everyone has computers and internet at home, and it may be hard to get the latest news. We will update you each week about what our program is doing, but you can also go to our website—http://www.lcnv.org (accessible by phone or computer). On our website, you are able to translate the messages to other languages by using Google Translate. See attached screenshots for help with this.
Further decisions will be informed by CDC and state and local health organizations with respect to closures or changes in operations.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns by calling us at 703-237-0866.