LCNV's FALL 2021 Class Schedule is now available!
Call 703-237-0866 for more information.
In-person and online classes are available. To participate in person, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, you may take an online class. LCNV will continue to comply with local COVID-19 regulations as they are determined.
Fall 2021 ONLINE Classes:
To receive the sign-up link for online classes, text your full name, email address, and first language to 1-844-413-1929 or call 703-237-0866. Online classes require online registration.
- Beginning English Class
- Foundation skills for beginners (Levels 1-3)
- Family Learning Class
- For parents or caregivers; children join twice a month!
- English for Work Class (Destination Workforce ®)
- Intermediate and above level learners
- Intensive English and Work Readiness Class (Destination Workforce ®)
- Beginning and intermediate level learners
- 100+ hours of instruction in 7 weeks!
Fall 2021 In-person Classes and Locations:
Class times vary depending on location. Registration is required. All in-person classes require in-person registration. Please wear a mask to registration!
Beginning English Classes
- Alexandria- William Ramsay Rec Center
- Falls Church - James Lee Community Center
- Herndon - Neighborhood Resource Center
Family Learning Classes for Parents and Caretakers
- Intro Writing Class - James Lee Community Center
- Free Conversation Class - James Lee Community Center
Free Conversation Classes
Not sure which class to take?
Read more about our programs HERE or call 703-237-0866.
How do I Register for a Class?
Classes are in the fall, spring, and summer. You must register prior to class. No pre-registrations accepted. If you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you may take an in-person class. If you are not vaccinated, then you must take an online class.
How do I register for in-person classes?
- Print and fill out the Student Profile Form and bring it to registration. View our schedule to see registration times and locations.
- Please wear a mask to registration
- During registration, take an oral placement exam. For the Intro Writing class, take a writing placement test.
- Pay the $85 (cash, check, or credit card) registration fee.
- No refunds and no transfers.
- If registration is canceled due to inclement weather, please call 703-237-0866 for more information.
- Late Registration: Saturday, October 2 from 3:00 pm-4:30 pm at the James Lee Community Center
How do I register for online classes?
- Text your full name, email address, and first language to 1-844-413-1929 OR call (703) 237-0866 to register for an online class.
- Next, we will send you the links to complete the online profile form and two online placement tests- a listening test and a reading test.
- Please fill out the online profile form and complete both online tests.
- Once these steps are completed, we will call you!
- Pay for the class by September 10, 2021. No refunds and no transfers.
If you need assistance in a language other than English, please ask.
Not Sure How to Use Zoom?
Please click here for step-by-step directions for how to download and use Zoom. The directions are in Amharic (አማርኛ), Arabic (اَلْعَرَبِيَّةُ), English, Farsi (فارسی), French, Korean (한국어), Russian (русский язык), Somali (Af-Soomaali), Spanish (español), Thai (ภาษาไทย), Urdu (اُردُو), and Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt).
Please contact the Literacy Council of Northern Virginia at (703) 237-0866 or email@example.com for more information.