On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate and encourage giving.
Giving Tuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday to kick-off the holiday giving season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
There are many ways to get involved in Giving Tuesday. We encourage you to join the movement!
- Make a donation
- help support adult literacy by donating to LCNV
- take a look at our wish list of goods and items to purchase to help support our classroom students, instructors and volunteers
- TRIPLE your donation by asking your company if they offer a matching gift plan, as well as take advantage of LCNV's current matching gift challenge*
- Volunteer your time to LCNV
- Spread the Word
- If you know of any potential learners who might benefit from our programs, please let them know about our beginning-level English classes
- Ask your family, friends, and networks to sign up for LCNV's newsletter to learn more about the importance of adult literacy and becoming involved
- Encourage those in your community to make a donation to LCNV and/or the charity of their choice
- Use the hashtag #GivingTuesday on social media to talk about charity and the causes and organizations you support
Last year, more than 27,000 organizations in 68 countries came together to celebrate Giving Tuesday. Since its founding in 2012, Giving Tuesday has inspired giving around the world, resulting in greater donations, volunteer hours, and activities that bring about real change in communities. We invite you to join the movement and to help get out and give this December 1.
Learn more about Giving Tuesday
*During LCNV's matching gift challenge any new gifts or increase from your last donation will be matched by an anonymous donor up to $20,000, so your gift will have an even greater impact on LCNV learners. The maximum individual match is $2,500